The FC13 is an octode frequency changer. It was made in two versions, the FC13C on a B7 base and this version on a Ct8 base.
In use the local oscillator would be formed between the cathode and grid 2 with g1 as the oscillator control grid. The signal would usually be added at g4, connected to the top cap. Grids 3 and 5 are the screen grids and grid 6 is the suppressor.
Such golden external metalised valves can be seen in radio sets from the late 1930s and early 1940s and the FC13 was listed in the 1934 Mullard catalogue.
The classic envelope is 43 mm in diameter and, excluding the Ct8 base pins, is 111 mm tall.
References: Datasheet & 1043. Type FC13 was first introduced in 1934.
Absolute Maximum Operating Conditions¶
PDF scanned from an original document held by the museum
Updated December31, 2012.